Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I consider myself lucky right now

Why? Because today, as Carrie so gently put it, "we destroyed (my) arms." Supersets, biceps and triceps. And I'm such a wuss that on one of the exercises I could barely manage a 10-lb dumbbell. Sure, some of the others I was up as high as 40 pounds, but that one damn exercise (isolated bicep curl) just plain got the better of me. Of course, that's good, I suppose, as now that we've found a weakness, we can get rid of it.

But back to why I consider myself lucky. It's because the stiffness from today hasn't set in, and so, for right now anyway, I still have the capacity to type. Tomorrow I may not be able to reach into my own pockets.

Oh, and after the weight training? Sprints. At which I did surprisingly well. Now if only I could run my fitness test in a set of 27 100-yard sprints, with a nice breather between each...

Tomorrow, I think, I'll get on the scale and see what the last 11 days have done.

1 comment:

Susie H said...

I am SO proud of you, and the hard work you're doing. And as I told you, the Maniacal Cleaning Weight Loss Plan has lost me 6 pounds this week. Sweet...