Saturday, November 6, 2010

In which progress is made

I just got a call from my sweetie. I had spoken with her a few days ago, and at that time she was quite upset. You see, some friends of ours are getting married next weekend, and we volunteered to let them have the reception at our home. Susie was looking at the state of the house and despairing of ever being able to get it ready for 60 guests.

We talked for a while, and I talked her off the ledge when we realized that even though the whole project seemed huge, taken a room at a time it was actually quite doable.

So that's what she's done. In the past two days, with some help and moral support from the bride-to-be, and no help but moral support from me, she's ruthlessly decluttered most our house. She's nearly done, and on Tuesday she was afraid it was impossible.

Talking to her just now, it was easy to hear the relief and happiness. It's amazing how sometimes just jumping in and attempting the impossible helps make it possible, isn't it?

I can't wait to get home and see my new house :)

1 comment:

Susie H said...

And I can't wait to show it to you! Love love love..