Susie tagged me with a blog meme. Normally I don't do these things. I get them from my sisters, my brother, my mom sometimes, and I read what they send me, but, and I don't know why, I just don't "answer and send to your 36 best friends."
Even this one, I'm supposed to comment-tag 7 other bloggers. I only read 5 blogs regularly (apart from mine and Susie's), and one of those belongs to a celebrity. The others I read, but don't really comment on, and I'd feel like I was tracking mud on the carpets if my first comment was "blog tag."
All of that said, I'll still answer my seven random things. If you know me, you may know some of these, but this is for those of you who don't. And I'll turn this on its head a little: If you're a blogger, and you're reading this, link to your blog in my comments, and tag yourself. Mmmkay?
Seven Random or Weird Things about Me
1. I wish I could be a writer. I like to write, and I think I do it fairly well. I just can't seem to make myself sit down and write the whole story. (I know, NaNoWriMo...)
2. I have a nearly "phonographic" memory. I can remember, verbatim, almost anything I hear, if I pay attention, even years later. Conversations, movies, songs, doesn't matter. I can quote whole sections of movies I've seen once.
3. I bought my first new car with a manual transmission, but I had never driven one. I had to be show how just to drive it off the lot.
4. I was on an episode of "The Screen Savers." OK, I wasn't "on" the episode, but I was part of the show. I went to a taping and was selected to play in the LAN party on-set.
5. When I go to a new country, I like to go to the supermarket. I love seeing all the products I've never heard of.
6. I'm a sucker for weird flavored potato chips. Steak and Onion. Cheese and Onion. Prawn. Thai Chili Chicken. Mmm.
7. I've made a point of never having heard the Titanic theme ("My heart goes on" or whatever, by Celine Dion) all the way through. I've left the room, and even a building, so that I can continue to claim that. I've never seen the movie either. I know the ending...