Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Well, NOW I've done it...

Since I can’t seem to remember to write over here, I’ve gone and signed up on a writers’ community website, WritersCafe.org. Don’t know what they do there. I guess I’ll read a bit, and maybe write some short stuff. Who knows, maybe I’ll even remember to come back and post here now and again. Hope so. Stay tuned!!

EDIT, about 10 minutes later: Ooookay. So, I signed up for that site. Looked good. Came here, posted that above. Went back. Looked around. Um… not so much for me, I think. Lots of angsty writing, lots of “groups” of, shall we say, “specialized interest” writers. Lots of, hmm… let’s say “women writers of science fiction, who feature cats prominently in their writing.” I don’t know what that means, really, but it’s a type of writing Susie and I have noticed that should probably be its own sub-genre. And things like this story. OK, it’s not so much a story as a rant. And as such, it’s mildly amusing, although I’d say a bit trite, and the writing level is that of a reasonably intelligent high-school freshman who’s seen a few episodes of “Seinfeld.” But what gets me is the gushing of the reviewers. “Well written.” “Wonderful.” Um, no. Sorry. I’d post my own review, but since I don’t have any writing of my own (except for what’s here in this blog) to contribute, I don’t think that would be very nice. I know, I know, I’ve just slammed the guy pretty hard here. But do you know how I found this story? It’s listed as the number 1 rated story on the site. Sigh. What do you think, oh hordes of faithful readers? Should I go and call the kettle black? Anyway, I guess I’ll keep looking around. I want to write, you know. I’ve said it before. I’ve already signed up to be reminded for this years NaNoWriMo. And who knows, maybe I’ll even write a science fiction story, about a strong woman and her cat, just to post it back to WritersCafe.

No comments: