Friday, March 9, 2007

Wow... that wasn't what I meant to do at all...

mentioned in the previous entry that I was trying to figure out the trackback thingy, and in fact I did. Unfortunately, it’s not at all what I thought it was. See, I thought it was just a way of linking to someone else’s blog while providing them with a bit of a heads-up that you were doing so. But what it REALLY is, apparently, is a way to put a link to YOUR blog on theirs. So if I post about Wil Wheaton’s mention of knitting, and trackback to that mention, what happens is, on his page where he mentions knitting, now there’s an entry for anyone who reads that entry that says, “Hey, Dave over at TheWitFarm.com has also posted about this subject, go take a look.”

So, if you’re a WWdN fan, cruelly led here by the evils of mistaken trackback, I apologize, but please, have a look around. Maybe there’s something here for you too.

No comments: